Welcome to Saltire Capital Partners Insight Series. The series gives access to our extensive network of industry leaders, thought leaders, investors & entrepreneurs in a one-on-one setting. Here they share their insights and top tips in relation to issues that are most relevant to mid-market business.
In this episode Saltire Capital’s Peter Gardiner sits down with FCB Group‘s Managing Partner and Rugby Union Players Association Chairman, Campbell Fisher to discuss Employment Law in a deals context and the impact of COVID-19 from a human capital perspective.
- Changes to HR post COVID-19
- Business adaptation to the “new normal”
- Changes to casual employment
- Impact of the withdrawal of government stimulus
- Aged care post COVID-19
- COVID-19 impact Australia vs New Zealand
- Employment law perspective to deals
- Start: Lock in key people to see the transaction through and key people post transaction
- Middle: Understand the cost structure of the business and potential contingent liabilities
- End: Consider integration strategy and lock in key synergies as quickly as you can. Transparent communication is key to maintaining culture through a transaction and getting in front of staff of the target as early as possible
- Employment law due diligence.